Good For Nothing is a Manchester-based clothing brand established in 2011, selling men’s, women’s and junior streetwear in a competitive market. They offer their clientele a mix of modern minimal and trendy grunge designs.
With an aim to create, inspire and evolve; GFN aspire to change doubt into achievement and exceed customer expectations. The brand is a perspective, an attitude, turning negativity into success, self-doubt into achievement.
Good For Nothing has carved a niche for itself on the streetwear scene in a relatively short time, making waves with their unique designs. As well as selling DTC, the brand are also stocked in high street retailers such as JD Sports and Footasylum.
Good For Nothing approached DMT in early 2020, impressed by our work in the male streetwear industry. As we had demonstrated our successes with The Couture Club and Jameson Carter, the GFN team knew we had the skills and experience to take the brand to new heights.
GFN later approached us to make several improvements and optimisations to their Shopify website. The website had been made by a developer they no longer had access to, and they wanted help enhancing the website’s appearance beyond the theme that they had used, while also improving the site’s performance, and adding several custom sections and customisation options in their store backend.
Our design teams crafted on-brand imagery and videos, helping bring the brand to life in the newsfeed. We created ads to hit customers at all stages of the buying journey, helping turn a cold audience into warm traffic, before retargeting users working on customer retention.
Since taking over GFN’s paid advertising, we have seen an impressive increase in ROAS. We have more than doubled ROAS on Google Ads, taking them up to to an average ROAS of £7.39.
Over on Facebook, we have generated an average ROAS of £4.06 as we scaled the account up to £10k spend per month.
After looking over and approving all of the suggestions for improvement made by our development team we got to work, resulting in a completely transformed website.
- Added design controls into the Shopify customiser to enable finer control of site styling for the client from within the Shopify customiser
- Several custom sections added to the Shopify page builder for use on the homepage
- An editable animated announcement bar added to the Shopify customiser
- Fixed various design bugs on the website, in particular on mobile
- Completely redesigned the product page
- Implemented the customer loyalty program and loyalty program page
- A custom coded free gift feature added into the cart flyout menu when a customer meets the required criteria
- Corrected the largest issues for Google’s new Core Web Vitals metric resulting in a 40% increase in the pagespeed score on mobile
- Ongoing priority support working closely with their design team when changes or fixes are needed