Knowing how best to optimise your social media channels can be hard. Take a look at these 5 easy steps to make your Instagram bio pop!
No 1. Profile Picture Perfect
The profile picture is the first thing potential customers will see when they click on your page. You need to look professional and above all be user friendly. You need to adapt your logo for Instagram.
- If your company name is long, try abbreviating it!
- The bigger the text the better - there is nothing wrong with being obvious.
- If you have a recognisable logo/icon, you could try using that instead.
No. 2 The Username
Finding the right username for your Instagram bio can be difficult when there are 1 billion active accounts, meaning 1 billion taken usernames. If you can’t get the name you want, it’s important to keep things simple.
- Avoid using punctuation - they are too complicated for customers to remember.
- Avoid using numbers - they make accounts look fake.
- If the name you want is taken, try adding a prefix or a suffix instead.
No. 3 The Profile Name
Not to be confused with the username, this is the part where you need to get in the name of your business and optimise it for search engines.
- Add your businesses name.
- Try adding in a keyword to help your account appear in search results.
- Try adding an emoji - a few visual stimuli is always helpful!
No. 4 Who, What and Why
Your bio is where you need to tell the customer who you are and why they should buy from you. It’s important to use all the tricks up your sleeve here and gain customers trust.
- If you have any USPs, list them here! Think free shipping, ethical practices etc.
- Have you won any awards? Shout them from the rooftops
- Been featured or reviewed somewhere impressive? Boast!
- If you don’t think you have any of these things, just use the space to better explain who you are and what you’re wanting from people visiting your page.
No. 5 Sealing the Deal
You got potential customers to your page, they like what they’re seeing, now what? You need to give them a call to action.
- Make sure you provide a link to your website
- Make it clear where you want them to click by using arrow emojis or text
- If you have more than one link you want your customers to see, use Linktree! That way customers can find your website, other offers you may be promoting, articles etc.
Now you know the tricks of the trade, it’s time to level up that Instagram bio and reap the rewards!